38. The importance of holistic wellness for women in the workplace with guest expert Naihomy Jerez
We've just hit a new, exciting milestone at Her Next Career Move: 10k downloads!! 🥳
And what better way to celebrate than with food & health coach Naihomy Jerez, as she dishes out some serious gems for us on how to prioritize your health in the workplace?
On today's episode, Naihomy and Dr. Jasmine discuss everything from burnout to the importance of taking your PTO to ditching the superwoman complex. Get ready for another jam-packed interview!
Naihomy Jerez is a Dominicana from The Bronx, NY, and a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach with a focus on hormone health.
Naihomy is passionate about helping women of color take control of their nutrition, improve their health, and lose weight WITHOUT dieting while living their best life. Naihomy began her own wellness journey in 2016 after having her second son, and launched her coaching business in 2018 after losing 50 pounds without restrictions and keeping it off since then.
Before Naihomy became a full-time entrepreneur in 2020, she worked in digital advertising for 12 years. Naihomy is also a published home cook whose main expertise is flipping recipes, she also specializes in food education, holistic wellness, hormonal health, and having a fun time.
In today's episode, we cover the following:
- Meet Naihomy and what inspired her to start her business
- Both personal and client wins
- The "superwoman complex"
- How burnout affects your health
- Tips to protect your health in toxic workplaces
- Questions to ask in interviews to ensure they put wellness first
- Digging for wellness resources at your workplace and being an initiator
- Not sacrificing your health for your job
- Ready to be a proud quitter? Join my exclusive group coaching program: The Professional Quitters, and start making up to 50% more!
- FREE TRAINING: How to Eat With Confidence
To hang out with Naihomy, follow her on LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok. If you'd like to work with Naihomy, you can view her offerings on her website here.
Instagram: @JasmineEscaleraCoaching & @HerNextCareerMove_
LinkedIn: Jasmine Escalera, Ph.D
Are you ready to support women of color to flourish in the workplace and gain respect and credit? Book Dr. Jasmine for your next event! www.jasmineescalera.com