37. How to use video to share your story and get noticed with guest expert Rhona Barnett-Pierce
What is your career story? And how can you leverage it to get in the room and shine?
So many of our clients have powerful stories to share but don't know where to begin in sharing them. So for today's episode, we cover just that with the help of our guest expert Rhona Barnett-Pierce. Get ready to take tons of notes!
Rhona Pierce is a professional Speaker, Trainer, and Personal Branding Strategist for overlooked professionals who want to get noticed, land a job, and increase their earning potential. She’s a personal branding, salary negotiation, and job search strategy expert known for teaching others how to leverage the power of video to share their authentic story, create a unique personal brand, communicate with confidence, and increase their earning potential.
She was recognized as a LinkedIn Top Voice in 2022 for Job Search & Careers and Top Career & Job Search Expert to follow in 2021 & 2022. She’s been featured in JobScan, LinkedIn News, and multiple podcasts. With over 15 years of experience, Rhona has a diverse background in recruiting, coaching, training, and consulting.
In today's episode, we cover the following:
- Rhona's business story
- What your career story is, and why it's so powerful for your job search
- Using stories to marry your previous experiences to your new career goals
- Where could you use your career story
- How Rhona's clients use video to shine
- How do you get people to watch your videos
- Ideal video length
- Confidence-boosting tips for getting in front of the camera (FORMULA INCLUDED)
- Ready to be a proud quitter? Join my exclusive group coaching program: The Professional Quitters, and start making up to 50% more!
To level up your feed, follow & connect with Rhona on LinkedIn and mention this podcast episode! You can also follow her on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube. If you'd like to work with Rhona, you can view her offerings on her website here.
Instagram: @JasmineEscaleraCoaching & @HerNextCareerMove_
LinkedIn: Jasmine Escalera, Ph.D
Are you ready to support women of color to flourish in the workplace and gain respect and credit? Book Dr. Jasmine for your next event! www.jasmineescalera.com