36. How to secure your next job or promotion through networking with guest expert Andrea Yacub Macek
🚨Your undivided attention is required. 🚨
If you catch yourself thinking: "I can't network because I don't know anyone," or "networking takes up too much time," then this episode is for you!
On today's valuable episode, we're joined by networking extraordinaire Andrea Yacub Macek, who shares countless tips on networking and changing career paths.
Networking isn't only about getting your next opportunity—it's also about growing your community. So let's grow together!
Andrea Yacub Macek is an experienced career change and career development coach. She helps mid to experienced career professional women with 10 to 30 years of practice navigate and remove barriers in their careers so that they can show up as themselves and move forward and upward. Andrea spent 10+ years developing expertise in career development, human resources, and change management. She brings her vast experience in helping women find their best career path.
In today's episode, we cover the following:
- How Andrea helps her clients
- Being the first entrepreneur in your family and becoming an example for yourself
- How Andrea got all of her jobs from networking
- The 3 main mindset roadblocks surrounding networking and how to unblock yourself
- Andrea's top 3 networking tips
- Yes, networking takes time (but it's VALUABLE!)
- Tips for women of color to ensure they don't land in another toxic work environment
- Tips for changing careers
- Your values can change as you change
- Utilizing transferrable skills in networking when changing careers first
- Her advice to her younger self
- Sign up for Andrea's networking masterclass on April 14, 2023, here!
To add the hottest networking tips to your feed, follow Andrea on LinkedIn and practice your networking skills by contacting her! If you'd like to work with Andrea, you can view her offerings on her website here.
Instagram: @JasmineEscaleraCoaching & @HerNextCareerMove_
LinkedIn: Jasmine Escalera, Ph.D
Are you ready to support women of color to flourish in the workplace and gain respect and credit? Book Dr. Jasmine for your next event! www.jasmineescalera.com